On Board The Knit Train


I received a gift voucher for Barnes and Noble at Christmas and when I saw this utility bag there I immediately knew it was my new travelling knitting bag.  It's sturdy, love the color (and it won't show the dirt from doing things like sitting on the floorboard of the truck as I passenger knit), plus will hold a ton of sock/hat/glove project bags and other knitting paraphernalia.



I've cast on Helen Stewart's Spindrift shawl again.  We had a short break up in September last year, as I knit to the second last row of the eyelets before I realized that I was knitting it back to front.  It looked fine, but was missing all that lovely texture.  

The yarn is Tarte in the (discontinued) colorway Bullfrog by Miss Babs.  I chose it because it's a 500 yard fingering weight; 75% merino, 15% nylon and 10% tencel.  It is smooth, and shows stitch definition really nicely.  


I've also cast on another slouchie for myself.  It's in King Cole's Riot DK and the colorway is Funky. So that's two slouchies, a pair of socks and a shawl on the needles.  The Rav group I moderate, Darn Overs, has a "Cast On All The Things" KAL.  What kind of moderator would I be if I didn't lead by example? lol  


There's always a pair of socks on the go and these are the third ones that have been made from Kroy sock yarn.  Even though I've found the yarn to be splitty, the socks are really comfortable.  My second pair of sock needles went for a walk, so to stave off Second Sock Syndrome, I put the bottom sock leg on a life line and started the second sock.  I've just finished the heel.


There's a skein of birthday suit djini on its way for me to dye.  It's fingering weight, 80% merino, 10% cashmere and 10% nylon.  I fell in love with Mince Pie Mayhem and Fiori di Zucca from Alice Yu's book Socktopus: 17 Pairs of Socks to Knit and Show Off.  I'm thinking of knitting Mince Pie Mayhem from stash and dyeing Fiori di Zucca in a solid color.  I have Jacquard acid dyes in lilac, turquoise and (I think) silver grey.  I've got plenty of time to think about it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WIPocalypse January 2017

WIPocalypse Check-in

Leaders and Enders