Leaders and Enders


 It took me a while to decide what I was going to make for my leaders and enders project.  It's such a fun way to make a project.  I dug through my stash and pulled out Michelle's Backyard by Michelle Marvig for Charles Parsons.  I bought it in Perth three or four years ago at Quintessential Quilts without any real plan of what to make with it.

Fast forward to New Years Day and it's being sliced, diced and is on its way to a new life as a little quilt.  It's named Purple Patch after the gum tree of the same name.






Making progress on It's Snowing!  I wasn't happy with the binding, so I unpicked it and have almost finished sewing it onto the back.  A sleeve and little snowflake buttons are next.


I've signed up with Stitching Lotus' Smalls SAL 2017.  I think between this and WIPocalypse I will get back into the habit of cross stitching regularly.  Jo of Serendipitous Stitching is taking part in a SAL where you choose a project of about 3, 600 stitches and and stitch 10 a day.  I'm pinching that idea, as I have a Bent Creek alphabet I want to put in my rotation, but don't want any more than three projects in it.  Ten stitches a day will be perfect!


                                                         

Comments

  1. Thanks for the comment on my blog. You're a "no-reply" person so I popped over to say that I am glad I was able to inspire you with the Ten-a-day project. Look forward to following your progress on that one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WIPocalypse January 2017

WIPocalypse Check-in